Boat Tour of Chicago Architecture
Fully Guided Tour
See Iconic City Buildings
Cruise the Chicago River
Discover the birthplace of architecture
Chicago is world-famous for its back catalog of talented architects and era-inspired buildings. What better way to experience these iconic buildings than from a boat tour along the Chicago River! Listen & learn all about the incredible architectural history of the city from an experienced guide as you cruise along the river and see countless buildings including famous city landmarks like Wrigley Building, Trump Tower, Tribune Tower, Mariana City, and much more. This tour is perfect for anyone who has an interest in discovering more about Chicago’s buildings, architecture, and the engineering that made the city famous.
View the city’s most iconic architecture & feats of engineering
Learn about Chicago’s history and famous architects from local guides
Cruise along the famous Chicago River
Capture amazing skyline photos from your unique onboard position
• Chicago River: USD $39 per person
• Chicago River & Lake Michigan: USD $42 per person
400 N Michigan Avenue
Cruises depart 8 times per day
- Departure times:
Chicago River: 09:30 • 10:30 • 11:30 • 12:30 • 13:30 • 14:30 • 15:30 • 16:00Chicago River & Lake Michigan: 10:00 • 10:30 • 11:00 • 15:00 • 16:00 • 17:00 • 18:00
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time.
• Chicago River: 75 minutes
• Chicago River & Lake Michigan: 90 minutes
Daily from April 15 to October 15, 2019
Click the Tabs to Find Out More
Good to Know
There are two cruise options available for this tour:
• Chicago River: This option focuses solely on the Chicago River, giving a more in-depth tour of the specific area & it’s architecture, with additional commentary from your tour guide
• Chicago River & Lake Michigan: This option includes a cruise on Lake Michigan. There is less guided commentary onboard, offering more free time for guests to take photos and enjoy the views independently. The Chicago River portion is covered at a significantly faster pace.
• If you are a large group and wish to sit together, we advise arriving early as seats are not assigned.
Terms & Conditions
- IMPORTANT: Once made, your reservation is not automatically confirmed. Upon receiving your request, a member of our team will purchase the ticket(s) and email them to you. In the case of no availability, your reservation will be canceled and you will be refunded the full price.
- The purchase of this ticket has a 100% cancellation fee; upon canceling, you will not receive a refund.
- Date and time changes will not be allowed after confirmation of purchase.
- The ticket value includes the boat trip exclusively; transportation to the boarding point is not included.
- Boat departure times may change; you will be notified of any changes at the time of booking.
What is the difference between the two tour options?
• The Chicago River & Lake Michigan option includes a cruise on Lake Michigan. There is less guided commentary onboard, offering more free time for guests to take photos and enjoy the views independently. Less time is spent on the Chicago River on this option.
• The Chicago River option focuses solely on the Chicago River, giving a more in-depth tour of this specific area, with additional commentary from your tour guide.
Is transport to the meeting point included?
No, guests are responsible for arriving to the meeting point themselves. The meeting point is located in a very easy to find, popular location which, depending on your hotel location, can be reached on foot or by a short taxi ride.
Is the boat ride smooth?
Yes, the river cruise is very smooth and gentle and shouldn’t cause any issues for people with motion sickness.
Any clothing or shoe recommendations?
Not specifically, but we recommend wearing comfortable footwear and clothing appropriate to the season. A hat, sunscreen, and sunglasses are always a good idea in summer.