See the Important Sites in Chicago Between Your Flights
Minimum of 8 Hours Layover
Make the Most of Your Layover & Explore Chicago With Us
Swap stuffy airport terminals for a day of exploration in Chicago — ideal for those with a minimum of 8 hours to spare between flights. On this completely private tour, we’ll provide airport pick-up and drop-off, so there’s no need to worry about missing your flight. Make the most of your stopover, see Chicago’s main sights, and let us take care of the rest.
See All Major Chicago Attractions
Private transfer + tour in a sedan, SUV, or minivan depending on group size and availability
Admire Chicago’s skyscrapers and other architectural gems at your own pace
Local guide with a wealth of knowledge about the city
Customize your tour by letting your guide know what you want to see
We'll take care of the time, so you don't have to!
Click the Tabs to Find Out More
USD $540 for 1-3 passengers
USD $630 for 4-6 passengers
USD $1,100 for 7-10 passengers
Dependent on your flight arrival
Airport pick-up and drop-off available
Year-round, every day (except 15-31/May, 1-3/Jun, 04/Jul, 23-31/Aug, 1-8/Sep, 13-19/Sep, 9-11/Oct, 20-29/Nov, 10-15/Nov, 2-7/Dec and 24-31/Dec)
Total Experience: 5.5 hours to 6 hours
Transfer IN: 1.5 hour to 2 hours
Tour: 3 hours
Transfer OUT: 1 hour
Maximum 10 people
Total hours required between arrival and departure flight at the airport: 8 hours for domestic flights. If they need to go through immigration (International flights) we will study case by case scenario.
- Private transportation around Chicago
- Private driver/tour guide
What to Bring:
- Carry-on luggage or personal items
Good to Know:
Please note that since the driver is also your tour guide, he will be unable to leave the car at certain attractions. There will be stops on the tour where the guide will give the guests time to walk around and see the attraction themselves. After the allotted time, they should return to the meeting point and continue the tour.
Overview of the Tour
Why waste time at the airport when you can get out and explore the city hands-on? We’ll collect you from the airport and drop you back with plenty of time for your flight, so there’s no need to worry about time-keeping. Visit sites such as the Magnificent Mile, the Loop (the financial district), Streeterville, the Gold Coast, River North, and so much more. Here at Chicago Travel & Tours, we pride ourselves on our professional service, flexibility, and knowledge of this fascinating city. Come explore it with us.
Terms & Conditions
- The guide will wait for 1 hour for domestic arrivals and 2 hours for international arrivals. We begin counting this time as soon as you land, not from your scheduled arrival time so you won’t be penalized in the case of flight delays. After this time period it will be considered a no-show, unless we are given prior notice.
- Please note that the tour begins at the scheduled time, not when the client appears; if a client is late, that time will be counted as tour time.
- This service has a 100% penalty for cancellation after reservation.
- Requested time changes will be studied on a case by case basis and depend on the availability of drivers.
- This tour is designed for passengers in transit, therefore we can’t fit large cases in the vehicle. You can, however, take carry-on or personal items with you in the vehicle.
- We encourage customers to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with their flight schedule before purchasing the tour, so we can analyze if there is sufficient time. We take into consideration the time of day and traffic etc.
- If you have trouble locating your guide, please call our on-call phone number: +1 (312) 361-1153, extension 7. This is intended for emergency use and can be used at any time, day or night.
How much walking will I do on this tour?
There isn’t much walking at all on this tour. There will be a couple of stops for guests to get out of the car to explore the point of interest and take pictures.
What happens if my flight is delayed or canceled?
Please contact us via phone or email as soon as possible to let us know about your delays and we will work with you to rearrange your airport pick up.
Phone: + 1 (312) 361-1153 ext. 7 (24 hours)
What do I do if I can’t find my guide?
Your guide will be waiting at the terminal for the arrival flight. For domestic flights he/she will be at the baggage claim carousel and near the 5D exit of Terminal 5 for international flights, showing a sign with the passenger’s name. In case you have difficulty finding our driver, call +1(312)361-1153 extension 7 from any public telephone at the airport. Extension 7 is intended for emergencies and can be used at any time of day or night.
Will we make stops for refreshments?
As this tour is relatively short, there will not be any stops for refreshments.
What is the baggage allowance per passenger?
The product is designed for passengers in transit, therefore we can’t fit large luggage in the vehicle, only carry-on or personal items.
Are the vehicles suitable for children?
Yes, we have vehicles suitable for families, groups, and couples. Please let us know at the time of booking how many children you will be traveling with and their ages. All children aged up to 4 years must use a car seat. You can bring yours along or rent one from us for an additional $20. Children aged between 4 to 8 years are required to use a booster seat, and we provide these free of charge. Please indicate this special request upon booking.
How can I change or reschedule my tour in case I have a flight update?
Get in touch with us as soon as possible with your new travel requirements and we will do our best to accommodate your changes but please note that requested time changes will be studied on a case by case basis and depend on the availability of drivers.
Phone: + 1 (312) 361-1153 ext. 7 (24hrs)
Is layover tour available for both Chicago's O'Hare and Midway airport?
Yes, we offer a layover tour service to both airports.
Will I have enough time on my layover for the tour?
To take this tour you must have at least 8 hours between your flights. We encourage customers to send an email to email@example.com with your flight schedule before booking the tour, so we can analyze if you can enjoy the layover tour without compromising your return flight.
Are there any age restrictions on this tour?
We welcome anyone on this tour — young children, elderly guests, etc.
Will I see all of the things I want to see in Chicago?
This tour focuses on the most famous parts of Chicago, yet it is quite customizable. The tour guide will evaluate what the guests wants to see and plan accordingly.