Frank Lloyd Wright Home & Studio Experience
Onsite Tour and Audio-Guided Walking Tour
See Frank Lloyd Wright’s Home & Unity Temple
Explore the Life of the Renowned Architect, Frank Lloyd Wright
On this tour, you will visit architect Frank Lloyd Wright’s private residence that he lived in from approximately 1889 to 1909, the first 20 years of his brilliant career. This home was used as his laboratory where he toyed with design concepts that would become the basis of his architectural philosophy. Trained museum docents will give you a 60-minute tour through the house filled with food for thought as well as insights into Wright’s family and his architectural career.
Take an internal guide (in English) of the home and study of renowned architect Frank Lloyd Wright
Enjoy some light walking and an audio tour around Wright’s neighborhood
Private transfer to the museum in a sedan, SUV, or minivan depending on group size and availability
Ask your local driver any questions or doubts that you may have about the tour or anything else Chicago -- they are there to help!
Click the Tabs to Find Out More
1 passenger: $450
2 passengers: $470
3 passengers: $500
4 passengers: $590
5 passengers: $610
6 passengers: $635
7 passengers: $750
8 passengers: $780
9 passengers: $810
For groups larger than 9, please contact us.
9 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Upon booking, please select your preference for a morning or afternoon tour. Please note that the times are based upon availability of the internal tour of the home/studio.
Hotel pick-up and drop-off available within these areas: Magnificent Mile, River North, River East, the Loop, the Gold Coast, Lincoln Park, Streeterville, South Loop, West Loop.
Every day from May to October, except 15-31/May, 1-3/Jun, 04/Jul, 23-31/Aug, 1-8/Sep, 13-19/Sep, 9-11/Oct, 20-29/Nov, 10-15/Nov, 2-7/Dec and 24-31/Dec
Approx 4 hours
Minimum 1 person, maximum 15 people
Children ages 4 and under are required to sit in a car seat. We have suitable car seats available for rent at $20 per tour, though parents are welcome to bring their own. Children ages 4 to 8 are required to sit in a booster seat, which we offer free of charge; please indicate this special request upon booking.
- Private driver & transfer to and from the studio
- Tickets for internal tour and audio-guided tour of the neighborhood
What to Bring:
- Comfortable walking shoes and clothes
Good to Know:
Though the tour shows availability, please note that tickets to the tour of the studio/home may not be available. After purchasing this tour, you will receive confirmation of availability within 48 hours. The starting time of this tour is particularly important, since guests cannot arrive late to the museum as the tour start promptly.
Please note that the driver is not your tour guide on this particular tour — they will simply take you to the museum, and the tour is conducted internally by the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation. After the tour concludes, guests should return to the meeting point to return to their respective accommodations.
Overview of the Tour
After collecting you from your accommodation in Chicago, your personal driver will escort you to the small village of Oak Park, home to architect Frank Lloyd Wright in the beginning of his career. Upon arrival, you will promptly enter the house to begin the regular tour (not private). The guide associated with the Frank Lloyd Wright Trust will impart wisdom about Wright’s design concepts, architectural career, and personal life as you wander through this incredible structure. After the tour, you will have the chance to take a walking tour around the neighborhood with an audio guide (available in English, Spanish, Portuguese, and other languages). Additionally, we will pass by the Unity Temple, one of Wright’s creations that has been recently renovated, so that we have a chance to admire the beauty of his work that has stood the test of time.
Terms & Conditions
- The passenger must be present at the meeting point within 10 minutes of the scheduled time. After this grace period, we will consider it a no-show, since the tour at the museum will be forfeited.
- Please note that the tour begins at the scheduled time, not when the client appears; if a client is late, that time will be counted as tour time.
- This service has a 100% penalty for cancellation after reservation.
- Date and time changes will not be allowed after confirmation of purchase. In extremely rare cases, we will change the type of vehicle or driver at the last minute, if the company determines some sort of potential risk, internal or external, for our passengers or in the case of an emergency.
- For hotel pick-up: most hotels in Chicago do not have loading zones at the entrance, and in many cases, the guide will not be able to find the passenger in the hotel lobby. For this reason, the guide will be waiting for passengers inside or in front of the car. The vehicle can be identified by our company’s logo displayed in the window of the car.
- If you have trouble locating your driver, please call our on-call phone number: +1 (312) 361-1153, extension 7. This is intended for emergency use and can be used at any time, day or night.
There isn’t much walking at all on this tour. There is a brief walking tour of the neighborhood after taking the internal tour of the house and studio.
Your guide will be waiting outside your hotel either in front of or inside the car with our logo displayed in the window. If you have trouble locating them, please call our on-call phone number: +1 (312) 361-1153, extension 7.
We welcome anyone on this tour — young children, elderly guests, etc. However, please make sure children are old enough to behave appropriately within the museum.
As this tour is relatively short, there will not be any stops for refreshments.
Yes, this portion of the tour is strictly in English. The audio tour of the neighborhood, however, can be taken in a variety of languages (including Spanish and Portuguese).